Honey Hill Organic Farm
Job Opportunities at Honey Hill Organic Farm
4 Essential Elements to working at the farm
- Positive attitude
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly
- Good and clear communication skills
The work on our farm is difficult and demanding. We work in all kinds of weather so protection and proper clothing and footwear is a must. We try to have fun while we work, and we enjoy growing delicious food to feed families in the area. Our farm grows produce for our CSA members, 2 farmer's markets, and several grocery stores in the area.
We are interested in hiring time employees or worker shares where you get a share for the time that you work on the farm.
Work Duties include:
- Harvest, wash, and pack produce (50%)
- Weed and hoe (25%)
- Sow seeds and transplant vegetables (15%)
- Install and disassemble irrigation systems, lay mulch, train and trellis plants, perform other tasks as needed (10%)
- The work is diverse and changes from day to day and season to season.
Please complete the attached form if interested in applying at our farm.
Once your application in received, I will contact you for a short phone interview. If it seems like you'd be a good fit on our farm we will set up a farm trial work day. This is about 3 hours of farm introduction to the work of the farm as well as a tour mostly for you to decide if the work is something you'd be able to engage in.