Honey Hill Organic Farm
Cannellini Bean with Kale Soup
· 1 cup canned cannellini beans rinsed
· 1 clove garlic, crushed or 3-4 chopped garlic scapes
· 3-4 cups chicken broth
· 1 lb. Italian sausage from Our Farm Meat truck at Farmer's Market)browned with a bit of sunflower oil
· 3-4 green onions, chopped
5-10 leaves kale, rinsed and sliced
· 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
· 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, place the cannellini beans, garlic, browned sausage, onion and kale & chicken broth. Season with parsley, thyme and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately garnished with Parmesan cheese and remaining fresh parsley.
Win Win Choi Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 20 mins
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
"This is a wonderful side dish for an Asian style entree. Win Win Choi has a wonderful, crisp texture that is reminiscent of celery. You can easily add shrimp or chicken to make a main dish, but I recommend doubling the sauce if you do so. Simple and yummy:)"
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
3-4 garlic scapes minced
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups win win Choi, thinly sliced
1 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/2 c. water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, ginger, black pepper, and any seasonal veggies you love.
3. Stir fry about 3 min.
4. In bowl, combine dissolved bouillon and water, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch.
5. Whisk well.
6. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and stir fry until sauce thickens
7. Add choi and stir for about about 1-2 min.
7. Serve hot.
Nuts About Kale Salad
Prep: 30 minutes
1 ½ c. chopped mixed nuts
5 c. chopped kale
2 c. chopped spinach
5 oz. bag dried cherries
12 oz. bottle Three Cheese Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. organic brown sugar
6 oz. diced fresh Mozzarella cheese (optional) This adds a nice mix of holiday colors.
1. Melt butter in a medium sized skillet pan on low heat. Add brown sugar. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped mixed nuts. Continue to stir for 7-9 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat, and let mixture cool completely. Set aside.
2. Chop kale and spinach into small pieces. Put them in a large mixing bowl.
3. Chop dried cherries. Set aside.
4. Chop Mozzarella if you’re going to use it, and set aside.
5. Just before serving add all ingredients to the greens and mix well, then stir in dressing and serve.
This link for delicious honey granola!
diced vegetables of your choice (I use anything seasonal from butternut squash to green beans or even carrots!)
2 cloves diced garlic
4 lg. leaves basil thinly sliced
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste. Saute all the veggies with garlic and butter for 5-7 minutes. Add in 3 beaten eggs and milk.
Stir with a spatula for the next 5-10 minutes- constantly to prevent messy sticking. Add your favorite cheese (Feta is great on these eggs.) Let if melt on the cooked eggs and enjoy.
Herb Buttered Potatoes
2-3 lbs. fingerling or other potatoes
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbsp. parsley
2 tsp. basil
2 tspns. garlic
Boil potatoes for 10-20 minutes until softened to taste. Drain and stir in butter, garlic, and herbs. Delicious and simple! Serves 6